Friday, January 9, 2009

More SS goodness from Surly

The Surly Singlespeed Spacer kit... infinite alignment possibilities (ok, I guess there's a limit, but it's way out there!). I use this on my converted Santa Cruz Chameleon SS. It allows me to run SS cogs on my normal Shimano-style freehub body and get perfect chainline alignment. There are several other alternatives out there, but those alternatives set the cog into a central position, leaving the chainline alignment to the bottombracket (if you have an EBB, you can get about 2.5 - 5mm of "adjustment") or the crankset that you're using. It's well worth the investment and comes with a nice set of instructions to help you find that perfect chainline the first time.

Made of CNC'd aluminum and engraved with a killer "SURLY" emblem for looks. 


Image courtesy of Surly (www.surlybikes.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment